12 Feb 2017

Fuoye Record Breaker, The First Female Faculty President in the History of Fuoye .


fuoye naas



Meet The Record Breaker, The First Female Faculty President in Fuoye.
We are glad to present to you the First female President elect of National Association Of Agricultural Students (NASS).
The massively won the election against all odds.
Here is a short interactive Interview fuoyehub held with her..




Q.  Fuoyehub Heartily Congratulate you on your victory as the first female President elect of the Nigeria Association of Agricultural Student (NAAS) in Fuoye's History after all the mischievous events that took place before the election.
MJ: Thank you very much
Q.  Can we know you?
MJ: I am Bamiteko Monjolaoluwa
A student of Crop Science and Horticulture
In FUOYE, 500level presently
I am from Ekiti State...Igogo Ekiti precisely.
Q.  Any other details about you? 
MJ: I am from a family of 3, Myself, my mum and my Brother, my dad is late.
Q.  Is this your first time of contesting for an executive post in NAAS?
MJ: No.... It is not
Q.  Really?  Can you tell us about it?
When and what post then?
MJ: When I was in 200level I aspired to be NAAS  vice president.... Which I lost by 4votes (can really remember)
In 300level I came out for the same office again of which I lost again by 15votes.
Q. Waoooo!!!, 200 level and 300 level,  as vice president..  All turned out blank...  I can't Imagine how you must have felt back then.
MJ: Well,  I must confess it wasn't a good feeling.
But I had a resolve with myself, I knew there was a lot to do, and if I stepped down because I was scared or shy it wouldn't change anything.
Q.  What motivated you to contest for the post of NASS President when other non challenging posts were available and looking back to all your former contest which didn't turn out well.?
MJ: To God be the glory,  I was given the opportunity to serve as the vice president of my departmental Association -CSSAN (crop science students association of Nigeria)  Fuoye chapter and it was a challenging, enlightening, impactful and interesting experience. Not just for me but for the other executives and the entire department.
When we resumed this session(2016/2017), I was informed about the election coming up soon...To be honest I tried to brush it off my mind.... But the many reasons that I gave myself now to serve, we're the exact same reasons that pushed me to go ahead.
Personally I am not so quick to give up on matters even in my everyday activities.
*the reasons in which I listed for myself NOT to serve were the same that prompted me to*
Also, for some time now,  students have not taken NAAS  matters seriously...which I haven't bin happy about.
I kept remembering things I have thought about, seen,heard and written down... That I know could kick-start a chain of events for NAAS in the future
So I prayed actually for direction and courage, and consulted my mentor and a few colleagues.
Q.  How do you plan to cope and management your Association as a female leader..?
MJ: Well,  with the help of God ND support from the other executives.  I intend to involve everyone in my administration.
I believe every individual has something to offer and some need to be motivated and encouraged. I hope to build a team... Extend the passion by patiently accepting contributions  and criticism.
Involving individuals is key because  I can't preside over an association all by myself....although I will have to make sensitive decisions...but I will give my Cabinet members and fellow  NAASITES  opportunities to express themselves.

Q. After Fuoye, Do you still see yourself going into Politics or Leadership post.?
MJ: Yes
Q.  Being a Final Year Student and Leading a Faculty, hope you have a plan on Managing it without affecting your academics?
MJ: I am solely depending on God's grace,  As a matter of fact that is not the only responsibility I have, I happen to recently start an agency called DYNAMIC Ushers also as a NIFESIAN  for my group I am privileged to be the Bible Study Secretary and recently the treasurer of the youth executives in my church back at home.
I plan and hope to be consistent with necessary activities....That means there is no much time for relaxation. Doing the right thing at the right time is my formula....and I ensure that I achieve something everyday...
Q.  From all your replies so far,  it shows how ready you are for this task. What in your view is the biggest and most urgent problem facing the faculty? How do you propose to address it?
MJ:  Presently, we have issues concerning students results,  inconsiderate hike in Transport fare(bike) and no sports facility is available for Ikole campus students.
Though this challenges are faced by both engineering and Agriculture faculty students.
Liaising with NUESA to be a voice on behalf of the students by constant follow up and contributions. We hope to get positive results.
Also, Lecture rooms in the Agric faculty can no longer serve the population of students... We need standard lecture halls for us.
Q. What are your advice to the females out there, hiding under the excuse of gender concerning leadership positions.
MJ: Yes... This is common but I see it from another perspective...it is not easy...Gender equality does not necessarily mean allowing a female to boss around...it means allowing a female to perform her role (as a citizen in the society)... And there are many roles to play which can be handled by both gender.
What matters is what you have to offer....what positive impact the individual can make, And  how well he/she Can carry others along.
My advice to females are:
✅Develop yourself by taking up responsibilities.
✅Take risks...
✅Surround yourself with positive people and believe in yourself.
Q.  Finally,  any word for the Fuoye and NAAS Community?
MJ: Yes. 
NAAS  is moving forward. Please continue to support the association. #BE INVOLVED #REDEFINE NAAS.
We all know things are coming up in FUOYE, it would be nice for every individual (staff and student) to perform his/her role well.
Let us maintain peace and work together to make FUOYE  one of the best universities in Nigeria.
May God bless Nigeria.
Thanks for accepting Fuoyehub online Interactive interview section with you. We hope you'll answer us next time we seek your attention?
MJ:  Thank you very much too.... I am humbled.
Of course I will answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Foul languages are not allowed.
You can comment using the Anonymous Option.